The La Porte High School Global Studies Program allows 20 LPHS students to participate in a student exchange program with students from China. Five LPHS students will also be chosen as alternates and will be expected to participate in all activities leading up to the trip.
- Program open to sophomores and juniors only
- Students must attend China School on weekends and after school for a minimum of 12 hours regardless of jobs and other school events, dates TBA
- Students must help plan a La Porte community and school exchange for 20 students from China, tentatively scheduled for February, 2008
- Students will travel to China for a two week trip to Beijing, Tianjin, Xi'an and Shanghai and a school visit with our Chinese students, currently scheduled for March 15 - March 29, 2008
- In addition to China School, students must keep a journal and create a final project to be completed and presented to the appropriate audience by May 16, 2008
- While the trip is paid for by the La Porte Education Foundation, students are responsible for:
- Passport and Chinese Visa application and all fees
- Spending money
- Traveler's insurance
- Any cost incurred by the students for their projects, gifts or special plans they have for their Chinese counterparts.