Summer School Schedule and Locations
Session I Elementary - Rizzuto Elementary
LEP Grades Entering K-1 June 7th - July 1st, Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Grades 3-4, June 7th - June 23rd, Monday - Thursday, 8:00 - 12:15 p.m.
Grade 5 - June 7th - June 29th, Monday - Thursday, 8:00 - 12:15 p.m.
Session I Secondary
Grades 6-12 (LEP), June 13-30, Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at LPHS
Grades 6, 7, and 8 (Acceleration), June 7th - June 23rd, Monday - Thursday, 8:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at LPJH & LXJH
Grade 8 (SSI), June 7th - June 29th, Monday - Thursday, 8:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at LPJH & LXJH
Session II Elementary - Rizzuto Elementary
Grades 1-2, Monday - Thursday, July 12th - August 4th, 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
La Porte High School - PLATO recovery credit only
June 13-30, Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
July 11-28, Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (TAKS July 11 - 14)
August 1-11, Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:45 p.m
LPISD Summer School programs for 2011 are intended to help students complete TAKS grade level requirements, prevent summer academic regression, promote academic acceleration, and provide credit recovery opportunities. This year's programs include the following:
Session One is designed for TAKS acceleration:
• Grades 3, 4, and 5 will attend Rizzuto Elementary for TAKS acceleration. Fifth graders will retest for TAKS Reading and/or Math during June 28-29.
• Grades 6, 7, and 8 will attend their respective junior high school for TAKS acceleration and content remediation in core subjects. Eighth graders will retest for TAKS Reading and/or Math during June 28-29. Tuition* for grades 6, 7, & 8 is as follows:
Non Free/Reduced: One (1) Course - $70.00; Two (2) Courses - $140.00; Three (3) Courses - $175.00
Free/Reduced: One (1) Course - $35.00; Two (2) Courses - $70.00; Three (3) Courses - $85.00
*Note: Tuition applies only for content remediation. There is no cost for students attending for TAKS acceleration/SSI.
• Dates and times for Session One are June 7-29 for TAKS acceleration and June 7-23 for content remediation. Transportation and Grab-N-Go breakfast & lunch are available. Classes are Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. for Elementary and 8:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. for Junior High.
Session Two (Grades 1-2 only) is designed for academic acceleration:
• Students will attend Rizzuto Elementary for Reading and Math acceleration.
• Dates and times for Session Two are July 12 – August 4, Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Transportation and Grab-N-Go breakfast & lunch are available.
• Session Two is no cost for elementary students.
High School Summer School will consist of TAKS tutoring for exit level re-testers. Tutoring sessions will be scheduled individually with respective students. Three sessions of credit recovery using PLATO are scheduled for: June 13-30, July 11-28, August 1-18, Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Regular student tuition $140 per session. Free & Reduced Lunch student tuition $70 per session. No transportation or meals will be provided.
Summer school for elementary Limited English Proficient (LEP) students entering Kindergarten (currently in Pre-Kindergarten or Headstart) and first grade (currently in Kindergarten) will run from June 7 - July 1 at Rizzuto Elementary from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. There is no cost for this program.
Summer school for secondary Limited English Proficient (LEP) students Grades 6-12 will run from June 13-30, at La Porte High School from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. There is no cost for this program.
Extended School Year (ESY) Summer Programs for special needs students will run from June 13-June 30 (Session One) and July 11-28 (Session Two) 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Students will attend Rizzuto Elementary. There are no costs for these programs.
Campuses are in the process of identifying students who will benefit from Summer School programs and notifying their families. We encourage parents and students with questions about Summer School to contact their campus principal or counselor for information. District points of contact for Summer School are:
• David Knowles, Executive Director for Secondary Instruction, 281-604-7036
• Isela Montes, Executive Director for Elementary Instruction, 281-604-7027
• Jennifer Green, Coordinator for Special Education, 281-604-7029
• Julie Williams, Elementary and Secondary LEP Programs, 281-604-7031